Special tax regime

I live abroad. I would like to register a vehicle and leave it in France for my vacation. What proof of address to provide?

In accordance with the provisions of the Highway Code (article R322-1), any owner of a vehicle who wishes to use it on public roads in France must send a registration request to the prefect of the department of his choice, justifying his identity and his domicile in France.

You must, therefore, justify a domicile or elect domicile with a third party.

In the latter situation, the reality of the applicant’s residence at the host’s home must be proven by an official document (tax sheet, social security card, family allowance document, document from the Pôle Emploi, etc.)

Apart from these cases, the registration of your vehicle cannot be carried out.